Monday, July 6, 2009

Blog Candy Winner and Mojo Monday Card!

Drum roll please....!

The Blog candy winner from last Wednesday is:

Robin Tarantino

Here is what Robin had to say:

"I really like the medallion background stamp. It can be used in so many different ways!
"

Robin, you have 24 hours to email me with your mailing address and choice of In Color Polka Dot ribbon (Rich Razzleberry, Dusty Durango, Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede, or Crushed Curry).

Thanks to everyone who left a comment!

Now onto today's card. It is from Mojo Monday Week 94 (sketch below). This card also features some brand-new products!!! I used the new Chic Boutique stamp set, and Cottage Wall DSP.

Here are some highlights from the card:
  • The Whisper White base started out with layers of Rich Razzleberry and a floral pattern from Cottage Wall.
  • Two strips of Old Olive Textured and Orchid Opulence came next. TIP: These are colors found in the DSP- perfect match!
  • A small scale Cottage Wall pattern came next. TIP: when using multiple DSP prints, using large and small scale patterns will help to achieve balance.
  • This adorable little bird is from Chic Boutique- see the full set below. It was stamped in StazOn and colored in with SU Markers: Rich Razzleberry, Sahara Sand, Bordering Blue, Crushed Curry, Old Olive, and Orchid Opulence.
  • Two light purple Circle Rhinestone brads were added next. I used the mat pack and paper piercing tool to line them up perfectly.
  • The sentiment, also from Chic Boutique, was inked up in Rich Razzleberry and stamped onto Whisper White. It was then popped out using a 1 1/4" circle punch and matted with dimensionals onto a 1 3/8" circle of Rich Razzleberry.
  • A small knotted piece of Rich Razzleberry Polka dot grosgrain was added with a glue dot.

I just received my giant order of new SU supplies today (some of these products were included). I can't wait to show you more!


Deal of the Week:
This week purchase the Big Shot Doctors bag for only $49.99 (reg. 69.95)! That's nearly 30% off! Click here to place your order!


Happy Stampin'!
Carrie

Order Stampin' Up! online 24-7! Click Here!


Recipe:
Stamp set: Chic Boutique (113744)
Ink: Black StazOn, Rich Razzleberry (116329), Crushed Curry (116329), Old Olive (100079), Bordering Blue (100070), Sahara Sand (105105), Orchid Opulence (100055)
Paper: Whisper White (100730), Rich Razzleberry (115316), Old Olive (100702), Orchid Opulence (100969), Cottage Wall DSP (115671)
Accessories: Rich Razzleberry Polka Dot Ribbon (115613), Ice Circle Rhinestone Brads (109111), 1 1/4" Circle Punch (104403), 1 3/8" Circle Punch (104401), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Mini Glue Dots (103863), Mat Pack (105826), Paper Piercer (116631)


13 comments:

Margaret Moody said...

Carrie - I love this card! Love the colors and the stamp set you used! I may have to consider getting this set now after seeing what you've done with it! Very pretty!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful card, Carrie! I love the new DSP. It works so well with this stamp set!

nelia said...

So cute! It's great to see that image. love the colors

Kristie W. said...

The birdcage is just so darn cute! I really love it paired with that paper.

Joyce Spear said...

Although the Cottage Wall DSP is on my wish list already, I totally missed this stamp set in the new catalog! Great card -- and now I'll have to consider getting the set so I can CASE you!

Gina Shaw said...

Carrie, This card is beautiful! I love the way you put everything together. You made the paper and the stamp set sing!

Melissa said...

I love it! I am working with the Cottage Wall DSP as well! You have a great talent!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

This is such a refreshing card.

Love everything about it!

Kim said...

Gorgeous card Carrie! I can't wait for my Cottage Wall DSP to arrive :)

Denise said...

I literally made an 'ahhh' noise when I saw this! Beautiful!

Carla said...

Carrie, I love this card. So fabulous! Love the paper and stamp set together.

Emily Leiphart said...

This is gorgeous! I love that set and how you used it.

karen said...

great card