The card I created for today's post uses the brand-new sets Beary Best Friends and Beary Nice Wishes- both available starting tomorrow!!! These Build-a-bear Workshop sets are so adorable.
Here are some step-by-step instructions for 'building' this card:
- A standard A2 card base was constructed out of Bashful Blue.
- I used my Circle Scissor Plus to cut out two circles: one 3" circle of Only Orange, and another 2.75" circle of Brocade Blue.
- The balloon image came next. I inked up just the string portion using Basic Black ink, and stamped it directly on the circles. The balloon was inked up again and stamped onto a scratch piece of Crushed Curry Patterns DSP before being snipped out and adhered using dimensionals.
- This cute little bear was black heat embossed onto watercolor paper. He was filled in using blender pens and Close to Cocoa, Soft Suede, Only Orange, and Brocade Blue ink pads. Finally he was snipped out and adhered to the circles.
- I just received my photo corner punch in my last SU shipment so I was thrilled that I got a chance to use it for the sketch! I popped out corners in Brocade Blue and Only Orange. A little paper piercing detail (using the paper piercing tool and mat pack) was added to the orange piece and attached with glue dots.
- Now onto the left side :). I cut a 1.25"x 4.25" piece of Brocade Blue and wrapped a piece of Crushed Curry Polka Dot Grosgrain ribbon around it before sticking it down to the card.
- My stamp-a-ma-jig came out next to split up the sentiment into smaller sections using a Brocade Blue SU marker. I off-centered this piece onto a mat of Only Orange.
- The tiny hat image was inked in Basic Black and stamped onto Whisper White. Only Orange and Brocade Blue SU markers were used to fill it in.
- Only Orange Playground Designer Buttons were the finishing touch. I used tiny slivers of Brocade Blue card stock as thread.
If you haven't already received a copy of the new Holiday Mini Catalog (which goes LIVE tomorrow!) please email me and I will send one to you ASAP!!
Order Stampin' Up! online 24-7! Click Here!
Recipe: Stamps: Beary Best Friends (118052), Beary Nice Wishes (118050) Ink: Basic Black (101179), Versamark (102283), Brocade Blue (100064), Only Orange (100051), Close to Cocoa (103139), Soft Suede (115657) Paper: Bashful Blue (105120), Whisper White (100730), Only Orange (102837), Brocade Blue (101166), Crushed Curry Patterns Pack DSP (115686), Watercolor Paper (105019) Accessories: Circle Scissor Plus (112530), Photo Corner Punch (109042), Playground Designer Buttons (116313), Crushed Curry Polka Dot Grosgrain (115614), Paper Piercing Tool (116631), Mat Pack (105826), Dimensionals (104430), Glue Dots (103683), Black embossing powder (109133), Heat Tool (100005), Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049)