Thursday, August 6, 2009

It's Good to Dream: SC240

I had a lot of fun with Splitcoast's sketch 240. I love anything that incorporates circles!

Here is how I made this card:
  • This is a 5 1/2"x4 1/4" card base of Bashful Blue.
  • I randomly stamped the flower image from Razzle Dazzle on the bottom half of the card using Bashful Blue ink.
  • A 5 1/2"x 1 1/2" piece of Melon Mambo took a trip through my Big Shot with the Perfect Details Texturz Plate. TIP: I used extra pieces of card stock on top of my "sandwich" for a deeper impression.
  • Melon Mambo Polka Dot Grosgrain was tied off to the side.
  • For the circle element, I used the new Medallion stamp (inked up in Melon Mambo and stamped onto Whisper White). I trimmed out the inside scallop circle and mounted it onto a slightly larger circle of Melon Mambo (cut using my Circle Scissors Plus). TIP: My original plan did not include adding the Melon circle, but my cutting job on the scallops wasn't so great and this helped to hide any imperfections.
  • Another slightly larger circle of Certainly Celery came next. TIP: The dial feature on the Circle Scissors Plus makes layering a breeze.
  • The main image from Razzle Dazzle was filled in using Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue and Melon Mambo SU Markers. I repeated the process onto a second piece of Whisper White so that I could cut out some of the leaves and blooms.
  • The cut out pieces were popped up using dimensionals.
  • Dazzling Diamonds glitter was added to the blooms with the help of a 2-way glue pen.
  • The sentiment was inked up in Melon Mambo and strategically placed using a stamp-a-ma-jig.
  • Two small filigree brads were attached to the card using glue dots.
  • I disassembled two Circle Ice Rhinestone brads and used more glue dots to attach them to the center of the brads.
I love the rhinestones and sparkle!


Order Stampin' Up! online 24-7! Click Here!

Recipe:
Stamps: Medallion (115223), Razzle Dazzle (116714)
Ink: Certainly Celery (105217), Melon Mambo (115656), Bashful Blue (105209)
Paper: Whisper White (100730), Bashful Blue (105120), Melon Mambo 9115320), Certainly Celery (105125)
Accessories: Big Shot (113439), Perfect Details Texturz Plate (115962), Filigree Brads (112577), Circle Ice Rhinestone Brads (109111), Melon Mambo Polka Dot Grosgrain (115611), Dazzling Diamonds Glitter (102023), 2-way Glue Pen (100425), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Circle Scissors Plus (112530)






10 comments:

Gina Shaw said...

Oooh, beautiful, Carrie. Love everything about this card! You did a great job with the Medallion stamp.

Laurie Zoellmer said...

This is so pretty! Love Bashful Blue with Melon Mambo and all your bling! Nicely done!

Carla said...

Your card is beautiful, Carrie. I would of never dreamed the things you could do with that medallion. Its being put right on my wish list as of now. Your card did the trick. *smile* I think Melon Mambo has to be favorite in-color.

Melissa said...

What a great card! I love these colors! You don't see that combo much. How refreshing to remind me to use those!

Patti MacLeith said...

Your colors are dazzling! Such a pretty, detailed card. Fantastic!

Kim said...

Great choice of colors!! Very pretty card

Tiffany said...

Very pretty Carrie! I love your bright colors. Stunning!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful card, Carrie! The colors are wonderful. Plus, I have been meaning to tell you that I like your new blog look!

Liz Hughes said...

Beautiful card Carrie! That Medallion stamp might be something that I need to add to my list - the more I see done with it the more I like it!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Great color combo, Carrie!

I love the bling.