Monday, August 3, 2009

Mojo Monday 98!

This weeks sketch from Mojo Monday was a bit of a challenge for me. But it's supposed to be, right?

Here is how I put the card together:
  • It started off with a Rich Razzleberry base- it is a full sheet of 8 1/2"x11" folded in half, and then I trimmed an inch off the side.
  • A 5.25" square of Soft Suede Textured came next, with two smaller squares of Rich Razzleberry and Whisper White.
  • I gave the Whisper White some paper piercing detail in the corners.
  • I used my Big Shot and the Scallop Circle die to cut the Razzleberry scallop circle.
  • I was able to cut two smaller circles (from Whisper White and a Soft Suede Thoroughly Modern print) using my Circle Scissors Plus.
  • The sentiment, from Great Friend, was inked up in Rich Razzleberry, stamped onto Whisper White and popped out using the Modern Label punch.
  • The butterflies were created using my Big Shot and the Beautiful Butterflies die. I cut out a small and large one using Rich Razzleberry prints and window sheets. The two were attached to each other with the help of circle rhinestone brads.
  • The flowers are from the Pretties Kit. I simply took a Rich Razzleberry SU marker to change the color and let them dry. Brads were used in the centers.
  • For the bow, I cut a piece of Rich Razzleberry card stock that was the width of the card. Then I was able to wrap the ribbon around that piece, instead of cutting into the card base and having the ribbon exposed on the inside.
Exciting Announcements!

Just For Kids campaign: Get a FREE package of designer buttons (a $7.95 value) when you spend $35 on stamps from the Growing Up section! Click here for more details!

The Country Living Cookout Kit is 40% off through August 31st or while supplies last.




Order Stampin' Up! online 24-7! Click Here!


Recipe:
Stamps: Great Friend (113792)
Ink: Rich Razzleberry (115658)
Paper: Rich Razzleberry (115316), Soft Suede (115318), Whisper White (100730), Thoroughly Modern Designer Series Paper (115673), Rich Razzleberry Patterns Pack DSP (115685)
Accessories: Big Shot (113439), Scallop Circle Die (113468), Beautiful Butterflies Die (114507), Circle Scissors Plus (112530), Pretties Kit (109114), Modern Label Punch (116630), Soft Suede Polka Dot Grosgrain (115612), Paper Piercing Tool (116631), Mat Pack (105826), Circle Rhinestone Brads (113144), Silver Brads (104336), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Window Sheets (114323)

11 comments:

Kris Kilcoyne said...

WOW, Carrie!!

This card is drop dead gorgeous. What I wouldn't do to have an ounce of your talent.

Denise said...

Ok, when I saw this I said, "Holy crap!" It is SO beautiful. WOW!!!

Doris said...

Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous!

Cards by Gina said...

Carrie, This card is absolutely stunning. I love the colors and the embellishments. Really beautiful.

Ann Schach said...

Love your new blog look! And this card is "fantabulous!" You are so talented!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Beautiful card!! Love all the gorgeous details!

Tiffany said...

WOW! I love those color together. Your butterflies are stunning! Great job with the sketch Carrie!

Melissa said...

Gasp! What great colors! What style! Love it! This is really somethin' special! I love it! Did I mention I love it?

Mary Fish said...

Love the layered butterflies with the window sheets. Amazing job on the Mojo! Hugs, Mary

Carla said...

Beautiful card!!!

Margaret Moody said...

This card is absolutely beautiful, Carrie! I really like your style! Love the colors you used together, too! So, so pretty!