Thursday, March 4, 2010

PPA32: Shades of Spring

There's a spring theme challenge going on over at
Pals Paper Arts this week, so this is what I came up with for some inspiration.

I used the new Shades of Spring designer series paper for this card.

Here are some tips:
  • I used my Big Shot and the Petals-a-plenty Embossing Folder with some Orchid Opulence to create the stripe down the center. I also used the the Big Shot to pop out a couple butterflies and the Certainly Celery Scallop circle.
  • The Circle Scissor Plus made for a quick and easy DSP circle for my scallop.
  • The new Scallop Trim and Scallop Corner punches made a fast and easy border for my sentiment.
  • Some Whisper White Organza and a new Pretty in Pink Epoxy brad were the finishing embellishments.
What do you think? Do you feel inspired to create something "spring themed"? If so, head over to PPA to see all the other inspiration cards and to enter your creation!



Order Stampin' Up! online 24-7! Click Here!

Recipe:
Stamps: Thoughts and Prayers
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Paper: Orchid Opulence, Lavender Lace, Whisper White, Shades of Spring DSP
Accessories: Big Shot, Beautiful Butterflies Bigz Die, Scallop Circle Bigz Die, Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder, Paper Piercing Tool, Mat Pack, Whisper White Organza Ribbon, Pretty in Pink Epoxy Brads, Glue Pad(non-su), Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, Scallop Trim punch, Scallop Corner Punch, Dimensionals, Mini-glue dots

10 comments:

Ann Schach said...

I love the colors! So beautiful and springy! Great layout, too!

Kim said...

Great use of that DSP! Pretty card and great layout!! Don't you just love those butterflies, I want to put them on everything LOL

Mary Fish said...

breathtaking butterfly and use of designer paper. i love making squares with that punch . . . very cool. hugs, m

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Gorgeous!

Cards by Gina said...

Your card came out so beautiful Carrie! I just love the Shades of Spring DSP, as you can probably tell! Love your ribbon, butterflies, and sentiment too!

Mike Funke said...

Carrie - this card is stunning. It takes your breath away with all the spring colors - great job!
Mike

Carla said...

Such a beautiful card!!! I love all those details. Hugs,

Patti MacLeith said...

I haven't played with this paper yet, but now I want to! Very Spring-y, Carrie!

Linda Callahan said...

Love how you used the scallop to showcase your image - this is very pretty!

K T said...

wow! this is gorgeous. love your colors & layout.