Monday, February 23, 2009

How I love Valentine's Day!




This is the card I made for my hubby this Valentine's Day. I know this is definitely not a masculine card, but I don't think that the pink/flowers/hearts rules should apply for this holiday.

I apologize in advance for the fact that I don't know the names of one of the papers and ribbon that were used!

The card (folded at the top) is a base of regal rose card stock, textured chocolate chip is next. I used a small scale scalloped edge scissor from Fiskars to dress up the whisper white card stock. The stitched swirl paper is from an unknown manufacturer (sorry!). The sentiment "Be Mine" is from Fancy Flexible Phrases (retired). This was inked in Chocolate Chip.

The On-board heart was first covered in regal rose CS, then sticky strip was applied and trimmed. With the entire heart covered with Sticky Strip, pink glitter is then applied.

The top of the card is finished with pink (could be identical to Regal Rose!) ribbon. A pretties kit hat pin, beads, and felt flower (all SU!) finish it off.

1 comment:

Mary Fish said...

The stitched swirled paper is the bomb. I agree that colors and hearts are unisex for Valentine's Day. Hugs, Mary