Monday, February 23, 2009

My cards need a home!



Today I decided that I need to start posting my cards somewhere that I can call my own. Every time I make a card for someone, I always take a picture and then never do anything with it! Hopefully this blog will serve as inspiration to other card makers! Any questions? Just ask.


This card was inspired by a Split Coast Stampers challenge called Ways to Use It. My "ribbon" is actually a small sliver of whisper white card stock zipped through my paper crimper and "tied" into a bow. This was topped off with a half-pearl from the Stampin' Up! Pretties kit.

Okay, okay. Instead of actually tying a bow, I simply looped two pieces to make the top, then I cut two pieces for the tails. This makes for a much more tailored final product (minus wrinkles and tears).

The card base is Certainly Celery card stock (all of my card stock is Stampin' Up!). Next I layered Barely Banana textured cardstock over Regal Rose, to create a tiny border. The flower from the Embrace Life stamp set (again, SU!) was stamped 3 times on the Barely Banana CS. I stamped this again onto Whisper White. I watercolored the images by pressing the Regal Rose pad into the lid. This creates a pool of ink, which I then picked up with a blender pen and filled in the flower. I popped these out with a 1 3/8th" circle punch and adhered them over the originals with Stampin' Dimensionals.

The sentiment (from Sincere Salutations) was stamped on Whisper White, layered on Regal Rose and cropped with a corner rounder punch. Two rhinestones (non-SU) finish it off and it is adhered with dimensionals.

1 comment:

Mary Fish said...

This stem has always been one of my favorites. I love it as a trio! Hugs, Mary