Thursday, September 17, 2009

PPA8: Keep it Simple, Sweetie!

Today we are hosting a brand-new challenge over at Pals Paper Arts: a Keep it Simple, Sweetie (KISS) challenge!

The guidelines for this challenge are:
  • Clean with lots of 'white' space
  • Simple Designs
  • Minimum time to create
  • Limited layers and embellishments
I tried to accomplish that with today's card, using the new set "Wandering Words". This card was so easy and quick to create!

Here are some details:
  • Start with a Chocolate Chip card base (A2).
  • Dry emboss a 4"x5.25" piece of Real Red using a Big Shot and the new "Petals-a-plenty" Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
  • Wrap and tie a piece of 5/8" Chocolate Chip grosgrain around the Real Red before adhering it to the Chocolate Chip.
  • Ink the "Happy Christmas..." image in Real Red and stamp it onto Whisper White. Layer it onto a piece of Chocolate Chip. TIP: I only allowed the Chocolate Chip to show above and below the image.
  • Adhere an Old Olive button, from Playground Designer buttons, to the card using mini glue dots. TIP: Use a thin piece of card stock as thread.
How simple is that?! I am actually contemplating having this be the Christmas card that I send out this year. It was so easy, yet I really like the way it turned out.

Don't forget that you can get a FREE copy of the Holiday Mini from me just by emailing me your name and address!


Order Stampin' Up! online 24-7! Click Here!

Recipe:
Stamps: Wandering Words (116507)
Ink: Real Red (103133)
Paper: Chocolate Chip (102128), Real Red (102482), Whisper White (100730)
Accessories: 5/8" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon (109051), Playground Designer Buttons (116313), Petals-a-plenty Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (116824), Big Shot (113439), Mini Glue Dots (103683)

10 comments:

Tiffany said...

Great Christmas card Carrie! We must have been thinking the same thing. I used that embossing folder on mine too. Love it!

Stampin' Diva said...

So simple and pretty. Love the embossed background.

Martha said...

Beautiful job Carrie. I really like this stamp set and I love your embossed paper.

Carla said...

Fabulous... love your card so much.
Hugs,

Kris Kilcoyne said...

This is the perfect K.I.S.S card.

I love it!

Kim said...

This would be a perfect Christmas card, very pretty Carrie!!

Patti MacLeith said...

The button is just the right color to go with the bold red and brown. Merry!

Linda Callahan said...

Very merry Christmassy! Can't beat red and white....

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful card, Carrie! I love the embossed background!

Margaret Moody said...

Such a great card, Carrie! I love the embossed background! You've inspired me to take a second look at that stamp set from the Holiday Mini! Super job with the KISS challenge! Thanks for the inspiration!