Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Simple Card, New Products

I ordered so much back in July for the release of the new catty, that I completely forgot about some items that I purchased. It felt like Christmas when I rediscovered them! Included in my order was the new Hi Embosslit, and the Seasonal Pieces Window Sheets.

Today's card had a very simple layout, but I think it works well since the embosslit and window sheet give it a lot of character.

Here is how I made it:

  • I started with a standard A2 card base of Rich Razzleberry Textured card stock.
  • A 2"x4.25" piece of Old Olive was attached at the bottom.
  • Next I pulled out my window sheet. TIP: The Seasonal Pieces window sheets come with a variety of patterns for Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer, and more! I cut the window sheet to layer over the Old Olive. Before attaching to the card, I wrapped a piece of Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon around the top edge. TIP: I attached the window sheet using snail, just under the ribbon and underneath where the embosslit would be attached. This prevented the adhesive from showing through.
  • The taffeta ribbon was tied off near the middle of the card.
  • The new Hi Embosslit and my Big Shot were used to quickly pop out the sentiment/focal point out of Brushed Silver. It was attached to the card with dimensionals.
  • The SU Pretties Kit came out to play next. TIP: Just because the flowers start out white, doesn't mean they have to stay that way! You can use ink, Stampin' Pastels, Watercolor Pencils or Crayons, or embossing to alter them! In this case, my flower was heat embossed using Silver powder.
  • An Old Olive felt flower was attached to the Silver one using a clear rhinestone brad and the two were attached to the card using more dimensionals.


I hope you are enjoying the new Holiday Mini Catalog! If you have any questions or comments about any products in the new catty, feel free to leave a comment here or email me.

Here are some exciting announcements from Stampin' Up!:

Sweet Rewards
Host a $250 workshop and choose any item from the Holiday Mini for $10!!!! (excluding My Digital Studio and Hostess Sets). Band a group of friends together and have your own catalog party, or if you are in the Spokane area, I would love to come show you and your friends some new products and techniques at your own workshop!

Watch Me Grow
Get the limited-time Décor Elements Growth Chart before it's gone! Offer ends September 30.






Order Stampin' Up! online 24-7! Click Here!!

Recipe:
Stamps: None
Ink: Versamark (102283)
Paper: Rich Razzleberry (115316), Old Olive (103124), Brushed Silver (100712)
Accessories: Big Shot (113439), Hi Embosslit (115952), Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon (109065), Pretties Kit (109114), Accents and Elements Felt Flower Fusion (110720), Seasonal Pieces Window Sheets (115706), Dimensionals (104430), Silver Embossing Powder (109131), Heat Tool (100005)

3 comments:

Patti MacLeith said...

It always amazes me how many items I don't even notice in the catalog! That little "hi" is soooo cute! Love this simple card.

Mary Fish said...

Fabulous job . . .love the brushed metal "tag." Great way to show off some new products! Hugs, Mary

Carla said...

Your card is so pretty. I've never used my hi yet. I forgot about it til I saw your card. Love your layout too. Hugs,