Friday, September 18, 2009

Seemingly MIA- Secretly Creating

Believe it or not, I haven't had a lot of time to blog lately because I have actually been busy creating. There are several events coming up that I am making invites for, and this week I spent a few days worth of "stampin' time" working on baby shower invites for my sister.

I made about 30 of these cute invites for the shower I am hosting next month. I absolutely love the set Cute & Cuddly, so I had to use it for these invites. You will see it again soon because I am also using it for another shower I am hosting for a friend expecting a girl.

Here is how I made these cards:
  • Use a standard A2 Chocolate Chip base.
  • Run a 4"x 5 1/4" piece of Bashful Blue through a Big Shot using the large dot pattern from SU Backgrounds I Texturz Impressions Plates.
  • Cut a piece of Certainly Celery to 3/4"x 5 1/4". Create a scallop border along one side using the Scallop Edge punch. Adhere to the Bashful Blue.
  • Wrap 5/8" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon around the Bashful Blue and tie off to the right side.
  • Adhere the Bashful Blue to the Chocolate Chip.
  • Ink the bear image using Basic Black ink, and stamp onto Watercolor paper. Use a brown Watercolor Pencil to color the bear in the "dark areas". Use a blender pen to draw the color out into the "light area". Snip out the bear and attach to a 2" square of Whisper White using dimensionals.
  • Adhere the Whisper White square to a 2 1/4" square of Certainly Celery, and then onto a 2 1/2" square of Chocolate Chip. Adhere to the Bashful Blue over the Chocolate Chip ribbon.
  • Use Chocolate Chip and Certainly Celery SU markers to color just the wording portion of the stamp. Huff to remoisten the ink and stamp onto Whisper White.
  • Pop out the image using a 1 1/4" Circle Punch. TIP: turn the punch over to line up the image in the center of the punch.
  • Pop out a Bashful Blue circle using a 1 3/8" punch, and adhere it to a Chocolate Chip scallop circle.
  • Attach the sentiment circle to the Bashful Blue circle using dimensionals.
Easy as pie, right? It is actually a pretty simple card, but when you are making 30 of them it can take some time!


Carried Away With Creativity Exclusive Promotion!!!
For 1 week only place an order of $50 or more through my online store, and choose any Rub-on package for FREE!!! Here are some promotion details:
  • Place an order of $50 or more (before tax and shipping) through my online store. Look for the Shop Now button.
  • Email me with your choice of rub-ons.
  • Your free rub-ons will arrive separately from your order about 2 weeks later.
  • Every $50 order qualifies. So if you order $100 you would get to choose 2 sets of rub-ons! Remember that hostess benefits come into play at $150.
  • Promotion ends October 25, 2009.
Don't forget about Sweet Rewards! Choose any item from the Holiday Mini for only $10 when you host a workshop of $250 or more! If you are interested, email me and we can arrange for an in-home workshop. Not in the Spokane area? You can still take advantage of all the hostess benefits from a catalog party!


Order Stampin' Up! online 24-7! Click Here!

Recipe:
Stamps: Cute & Cuddly (113682)
Ink: Basic Black (101179), Certainly Celery (105106), Chocolate Chip (100071)
Paper: Whisper White (100730), Chocolate Chip (102128), Certainly Celery (105125), Bashful Blue (105120), Watercolor Paper (105019)
Accessories: Big Shot (113439), SU Backgrounds I Texturz Impressions Plates (114512), 5/8" Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Ribbon (109051), 1 1/4" Circle Punch (104400), 1 3/8" Circle Punch (104401), Scallop Circle Punch (109043), Scallop Edge Punch (112091), Watercolor Pencils (101879), Blender Pens, Dimensionals (104430)

9 comments:

Patti MacLeith said...

Amazingly cute color combo! I love how you have the simple background and that CUTE bear! Very clever, Carrie!

Margaret Moody said...

These are precious, Carrie! I love the colors and the simple design!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

How fun it is to see all those invites lined up in a row!

Very pretty! I'm sure your hard work will be much appreciated.

Mary Fish said...

Adorable. After having done 125 cards for my swap at Founder's Circle, I realize how much work goes into making a ton of cards. Beautiful job! Hugs, M

Kim said...

How sweet are these!! You've made me want this set before and you are moving it up on my list :)

Linda Callahan said...

Great invites - love the chocolate addition to the color combo!

Anonymous said...

Your sister is so lucky to have you! What a labor of love and such a beautiful baby shower invitation!

Carla said...

How beautiful... those colors are terrific together and I still love your bear... *smile*

Keith Rueda said...

I think so.. when you make more than ten takes more time...
Beautiful your creation...
www.paperlandcreations.blogspot.com