Today's card features the colors Ruby Red, Taken with Teal, and Basic Gray for the Pals Paper Arts color challenge. And boy was it a challenge for me!!! I sat for quite awhile trying to figure out what I should make when I remembered a good rule of thumb: when in doubt, add lots of white!!!
- This card has a Basic Gray base. This is actually the only Basic Gray there is on the card, but I didn't intend for it to work out that way. I think the silver accents are a good compromise :).
- Whisper White came next. I stamped the snowflake image, from Patterned Pines, in Taken with Teal and Ruby Red just on the right side.
- Using a paper piercing tool, I was able to punch tiny holes in a few of the snowflakes for some silver brads.
- The sentiment was isolated from a larger Season of Joy stamp using a Taken with Teal SU marker. TIP: I also used a stamp-a-ma-jig for perfect placement.
- A scalloped edge piece of Ruby Red and some silver elastic cording were used to dress up the left side of the card.
- The Patterned Pines trees were inked using a Versamark pad and stamped onto both Ruby Red and Taken with Teal before being silver heat embossed. I snipped out a tree in each color and layered them onto the card using dimensionals.
- Filigree Designer Brads make cute tree toppers using mini glue dots.
Be sure to head over to Pals Paper Arts to upload your creation!!!
Order Stampin' Up! online 24-7! Click Here!
Stamps: Patterned Pines (116525), Season of Joy (110384)
Ink: Ruby Red (102259), Taken with Teal (103257), Versamark (102283)
Paper: Whisper White (100730), Basic Gray (108692), Ruby Red (102030), Taken with Teal (101584)
Accessories: Silver embossing powder (109131), Heat Tool (100005), Filigree Designer Brads (112577), Scallop Edge Punch (112091), Silver Elastic Cord (109866), Silver Brads (104336), Dimensionals (104430), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049), Paper Piercing Tool (116631)