Thursday, November 12, 2009

Starbucks Sentiments

I just can't help myself- I have to share this project before we leave for Seattle in the morning!

When I went to Starbucks to get my Peppermint Mocha this morning, I kept admiring how festive everything was starting to look for the holiday season. Even the cups and sleeves were decked out! When I noticed the sleeve, I thought to myself, hmm... "this would make a great sentiment on a card!"

I am sure this could be done up a little nicer, but I was in a bit of a hurry making it since I am in the midst of packing for our trip. I had to try it right away!

  • I started with an A2 size Kraft card base.
  • The swirl, from Season of Joy, was inked up in Close to Cocoa and stamped in a repeating pattern.
  • The bottom edge was given a pierced border using the paper piercing tool and mat pack.
  • I trimmed down the coffee sleeve to about 1 1/2"x 3". It was matted using Chocolate Chip and Real Red.
  • The bottom of the Real Red was given a scallop border.
  • Real Red polka dot stitched grosgrain was added to the top.
  • A Chocolate Chip corduroy button was the finishing touch. TIP: I used Real Red card stock for thread.
Okay, now I am really done blogging for a few days!




Order Stampin' Up! online 24-7! Click Here!

Recipe:
Stamps: Season of Joy (110384)
Ink: Close to Cocoa (103139)
Paper: Kraft (102125), Chocolate Chip (102128), Real Red (102482)
Accessories: Real Red Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon (115608), Chocolate Chip Corduroy Buttons (114339), Scallop Edge Punch (112091), Paper Piercing Tool (116631), Mat Pack (105826), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), Mini Glue Dots (103683)

7 comments:

Melissa said...

I love that! I miss Seattle!

I think you did a great job!

Mary Fish said...

Pretty color mix and adore the simple layout. I hope you are having a divine time right now! Hugs, M

Carla said...

Great card, love the colors too. Have a terrific time!!! Hugs,

Linda Callahan said...

Great idea - so festive! Have fun in Seattle.

Patti MacLeith said...

I hope you have a nice time in Seattle. I love that you used the sleeve! I have used tags from clothes before to create cards. Sometimes they are just too cute!

Anonymous said...

my husband thinks i'm crazy!!! i have a starbuck's cup in the car, empty, of course! but i saved it for the saying!!! (peppermint mocha as well!) wish i was in seattle! impress at southcenter is an awesome store.....visit if you get the chance! kim

K T said...

What a fun idea! Love it with the Kraft, Real Red & Chocolate Chip.

May have to make something similar for my girlfriend that works at Starbucks!!

Thanks for sharing.