I have been wanting to use the new shimmer paints, and the texture on this card provided the perfect opportunity. The card is pretty simple in design, but I wanted the texture/shimmer to take center stage.
- I started with an A2-sized card base of Old Olive.
- A slightly smaller piece of Whisper White was dry embossed using the Petals-a-plenty Textured Impressions folder and my Big Shot.
- A sponge dauber was used to add some Frost White shimmer paint.
- The ornaments, from Tree Trimmings, were gold heat embossed on Whisper White and snipped out. They were attached to the card using dimensionals.
- Gold elastic cording was added to look as though the ornaments were dangling over the edge of the card.
- The sentiment, from Four the Holidays, was inked up in Old Olive, stamped onto Whisper White and matted in more Old Olive.
- An Old Olive felt flower was added with a gold brad for a small finishing touch.
I will be out of town for the next several days, but I hope to have much more to share next week!
Order Stampin' Up! online 24-7! Click here!
Recipe: Stamps: Tree Trimmings (116722), Four the Holidays (116921) Ink: Old Olive (102277), Versamark (102283) Paper: Whisper White (100730), Old Olive (100702) Accessories: Big Shot (113439), Petals-a-plenty Textured Impressions Folder (116824), Flower Fusion (110720), Elastic Gold Cord (109867), Frost White Shimmer Paint (116854), Gold Brads (104337), Gold Embossing Powder (109129), Heat Tool (100005), Sponge Daubers (102892), Stampin Dimensionals (104430)