Tuesday, January 5, 2010

NEW Catalogs go live today + a winter card!

It's here! It's here!! The Occasions Mini and Sale-a-bration both go LIVE today!!! You can find both of these on my right side bar as well as the new Definitely Decorative insert.

Right now is the perfect time to book your party because for every $50 product purchase you will get to choose anything from the Sale-a-bration brochure for free! And new this year is the option to choose from a list of sets in the Idea Book and Catalog! For full details on this promotion, click here!! Be sure to email me to book your workshop or set up a catalog party!

You will absolutely love all the new products that are available in the new mini, too! There is now the option to purchase clear stamps, a new punch design, tons of new images, accessories, and Designer Series Paper! Leave a comment and let me know what your favorites are!

Whew! Okay, now onto today's card:

This simple card helped to use up some of my Christmas card supplies without being "Christmas-y".

  • Basic Black served as a good backdrop for my design. I used Iridescent Ice to heat emboss snowflakes in a pattern.
  • The cute image, from Animal Crackers, was first water colored before I added some Frost White Shimmer Paint using a paint brush to the ice and water. TIP: The Holiday Mini expired yesterday, but the shimmer paints are still available!
  • To create the layered snowflake, I first punched out the large one out of Brushed Silver and I used my Big Shot to create the small one using Bashful Blue. The center was created using a Sticky Page and the Flower Layers Originals Die. I simply attached the sticky page to Whisper White, ran it through the machine with the die and sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds all over.
  • A large half pearl from the pretties kit was the finishing touch!



Order Stampin' Up! online 24-7! Click Here!

Recipe: Stamps: Animal Crackers (113395), Berry Christmas (116509) Ink: Versamark (102283), Jet Black StazOn, Bashful Blue (105209), Pretty in Pink (101301), Pumpkin Pie (105216) Paper: Whisper White (100730), Basic Black (102851), Bashful Blue (105120), Brushed Silver (100712) Accessories: Big Shot (113439), Merry Details Sizzlit (116820), Flower Layers Originals Die (113458), Sticky Pages (114300), Jumbo Snowflake Punch (116628), Scallop Edge Punch (112091), Pretties Kit (109114), Dazzling Diamonds (102023), Heat Tool (100005), Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder (101930), Silver Elastic Cord (109866), Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon (109070), Dimensionals (104430), Blender Pens, Frost White Shimmer Paint (116854)

5 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Love that icy sparkle!

Carla said...

Oh, I like it!!! Love the use of the sticky paper, too. Fabulous. Hugs,

Patti MacLeith said...

The flower behind the snowflake reminds me that spring does come after the winter. I know I shouldn't talk, the weather here is way too nice!

Kim said...

I love that little penguin :) Adorable card!

Margaret Moody said...

This is too cute, Carrie! I love the embossed snowflake background on black! So striking!