Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Pastels and Glitter... two of my favorite things!

One of the reasons I love Easter (and Spring in general) is for all the beautiful soft pastels that seem to pop-up everywhere. Today's card is no exception! The layout is from Mojo Monday (sketch 81-below).

The stamp set featured here is An Egg-cellent Easter, from the Occasions Mini-Catalog (which went "live" only 1 week ago!). Confession: I don't actually own this set. My group of Pal's did an image swap, and this set was included. What a great idea! I do wish that I had actually purchased this set, however. The images are darling.

The card base starts with Certainly Celery. Strips of Tea Party Designer Series paper and Pink Pirouette were added next. Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon was tied around the Tea Party paper before adhering. TIP: the great dot texture was added to the Pirouette using my Big Shot and an SU Background I Texturz Plate. To create a deeper impression, I used a thin piece of the cardboard (it comes with DSP) on top of my "sandwich".

The bunny and eggs were colored in using a blender pen and ink pads in Sahara Sand, Pink Pirouette, Certainly Celery, and Almost Amethyst. The bunny's vest and eggs were glittered using a 2-way glue pen. TIP: The larger egg was cut out of whisper white card stock to isolate the egg from the string (see image below). By glittering the egg, I was able to disquise the parts of the string that appear inside egg.

The sentiment was punched out with a 1 3/8" circle punch, and layered over a scalloped circle of Certainly Celery (using the scallop punch). The egg and sentiment were popped up using Stampin' Dimensionals. Three glitter dots were placed in the lower right of the card (Dress It Up buttons, non-SU).

Cute, right?

Don't forget! The winner of my blog candy (for reaching 5000 visitors) will be announced tomorrow morning! Check back to see if you are a winner!

Are you loving the new Occasions Mini? Any $40 purchase from the mini will earn you a free "Under $10" product (page 208 Idea Book and Catalog)! Click here to make your purchase!

Happy Stampin'!

Carrie

Shop Stampin' Up! Online 24-7! Click Here!

Recipe:
Stamp Set: An Egg-cellent Easter (113196)
Paper: Certainly Celery (105125), Whisper White (100730), Pink Pirouette (111351), Almost Amethyst (102158), Tea Party Designer Series Paper (113992)
Ink: Basic Black (101179), Pink Pirouette (111838), Certainly Celery (105217), Sahara Sand (105208), Almost Amethyst (101723)
Accessories: Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon (109070), Big Shot (113439), Texturz Impressions Pad (114614), Texturz Silicone Rubber (114615), Stampin' Up! Backgrounds I Texturz Plates (114512), 1 3/8" Circle Punch (104401), Scallop Circle Punch (109043), 2-Way Glue Pen (100425), Fine Cosmo Glitter (108796)

6 comments:

Steph said...

Very cute card. I love all the glitter and the egg turned out wonderful. I also have this set and am loving easter. (I think it's because I have a good exscuse to make cards) Love your card:)

Olena said...

Beautiful card! Love it! ~Olena~

Tiffany said...

How adorable! Great job!!! I love the glittery Easter egg.

Kim said...

Adorable card! I love the pastels too! Fun use of the images. Looks great with this sketch!

Patti MacLeith said...

The color combo and glitter on the egg make it eggstra special! Happy Easter!

Cardmaking Galore said...

This is so cute - love the colours