Thursday, April 2, 2009

Woo Hoo!!! It's Blog Candy Time!

That's right! My visitor counter has passed 5000, which means it is time to give out some blog candy! Simply leave a comment on this post that includes your favorite new product from the Occasions Mini (on my left sidebar, or by clicking here). The deadline is Tuesday, April 7th, at which time I will randomly select a winner. The winner will be announced on my blog on Wednesday.

What will you win, you ask? The fabulous new Summer Love Rub-on's that come in Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, Cameo Coral, and Basic Gray:
Now onto today's card. The layout was inspired by Taylored Expressions (TECC61-Below), with a twist to use any shade of blue with a neutral. The card was beginning to get a bit busy, so I decided to omit the flower/embellishment.

Believe it or not, no Designer Series paper was cut in the making of this card :). The background was created by using the the damask stamp from Friends 24-7 and Bordering Blue card stock. It was inked in Versamark and embossed with clear powder. This was repeated over the entire piece of cardstock using a Stamp-a-majig. TIP: I always find it much more pleasing to the eye to carry patterns off of the card stock, rather than keeping with in the borders.

The second pattern was created using my Big Shot and the Swirls and Scribbles Sizzlet. I ran Bordering Blue through several times using the die. Next I used my mini Xyron to transform all the pieces into stickers and randomly placed them on 1" pieces of Very Vanilla card stock. The edges were trimmed off, and the pieces were matted onto Chocolate Chip.

The focal point consists of the flower grouping from Friends 24-7. It was inked in Bordering Blue and stamped onto Very Vanilla. To make the image fit more within the lines of the layout, I trimmed off the bottom. Three small filigree brads were added as the flowers.

Even though this card took a bit of time, I love that it doesn't use a ton of supplies- just one stamp set!

Just announced: A new promotion! For every $40 purchase from the new Occasions Mini, you can choose an item under $10 (last page of the catalog) for FREE! Hostesses who have a workshop of $150 or more can also choose and item under $10 for FREE! Email me with your order!



Happy Stampin'!
Carrie

Order Stampin' Up! Online 24/7! Click Here!

Recipe:
Stamp Set: Friends 24-7 (113218)
Paper: Very Vanilla (101650), Bordering Blue (102630), Chocolate Chip (102128)
Ink: Bordering Blue (102265), Versamark (102283)
Accessories: Big Shot (113439), Swirls and Scribbles Sizzlet (113441), Filigree Brads (112577), Clear Embossing powder (109130), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)


16 comments:

Melissa said...

I love those swirls!

Mary Fish said...

What a pretty stem. I hadn't even noticed it with this set. Beautiful take on the Mojo Sketch. Hugs, Mary

Heather D. said...

What a pretty card! My favorite item from the new mini is the set Great Friend. I'm not a big butterfly person, but that set is wonderful!

Jennifer Engle said...

My favorite product is the new Soft Summer Stamp set. So lovely! great card! I love the "designer paper" look.

Lori said...

Pretty card, love the swirls! My favorite item from the new mini would be the matchbox die.

Anonymous said...

I have several favorites from the new mini, but my most favorite would have to be the scallop punch and the stamp set that coordinates perfectly. Thanks, Debra

Dena said...

Love the card and your blog. My favorite from the mini is the scallop oval punch.

Megan Kandel said...

I love the new punch they came out with.

Sheri said...

I love your blog, it is a great inspiration! My favorite would have to be the Choo Choo set and the Right on Track wheel.

Kathy White said...

I love the new Oval All set...with the awesome scallop punch. Thanks for the great freebie...hope I win!!!
Thanks,
Kathy

LeAnne Smith said...

Guess I should have posted here... Love that they added more colors to the cord buttons! Yippee!!

Linda Chin said...

Very inspiring card! I love the use of a background stamp! My favorite item from the mini catalog item is the Walk in the Park designer paper!
Love,
Linda

Soozie4Him said...

I love the Oval All combined with the new Scallop Oval punch!!

Susan, aka Soozie4Him
moot96 AT aol DOT com

K T said...

Good morning,
My favorite is Soft Summer. That dogwood image is gorgeous!

Nancy L. said...

Love your card! My fave stamp set from the mini catalog is Great Friend. Thanks!

Clear Cards said...

Thanks for sharing the fabulous card. I love the swirls......!I hope you will share more card like this. Keep up the great work.