Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Always on my mind...

Today's card was made using Mojo Monday Sketch 87 (below). I love the softness of Tea Party DSP. I used two patterns from the set, along with Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, and So Saffron (perfect matches!).

The Whisper White card base was covered with a layer of textured Certainly Celery. TIP: I stocked up big time on 12x12 textured card stock using the May Scrapbook promotion Buy 3 Get 1 FREE!

A 3x3 Saffron floral (also from Tea Party) was matted onto a slightly larger square of So Saffron and adhered to the card first. The mostly green print from Tea Party was given a So Saffron scalloped border and adhered next. Using my Circle Scissors Plus and Glass Cutting Mat, I cut two circles. One out of Whisper White, and another out of So Saffron. TIP: I moved the dial to a slightly larger circle for the So Saffron.

I inked up the bird, from Always, in Pretty in Pink and stamped it onto the white circle. Using my Stamp-a-ma-jig, I lined up the bird again and stamped it using Versamark. The image was then embossed with Irridescent Ice EP, and a heat tool.

The sentiment, also from Always, was inked in Black StazOn and stamped onto a rectangle of Whisper White. It was matted in Pretty in Pink and adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I just received the SU Little Leaves Sizzlet in the mail yesterday and had to use it on this project! I ran the die through my Big Shot with Pretty in Pink textured card stock. More dimensionals were used to pop it off the card. TIP: I cut up the hexagons to make smaller shapes that would not show off the sides. Using a glue dot, I adhered a Fleurette Flower, but I didn't like that the center was Riding Hood Red (for obvious reasons!). So I found a gemstone sticker (non SU) to cover the center.

Right now you can join Stampin' Up! for only $75!!! Click here for details!

Happy Stampin'!
Carrie

Order Stampin' Up! online 24-7! Click Here!


Recipe:
Stamp Set: Always (113620)

Ink: Pretty in Pink (101301), Versamark (102283), Black StazOn (101406)
Paper: Whisper White (100730), Soft Subtles Textured (108695), So Saffron (105118), Tea Party (113992)
Accessories: Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049), Circle Scissors Plus (112530), Glass Cutting Mat (112531), Big Shot (113439), Little Leaves (114511), Fleurette (114019), Stampin Dimensionals (104430), Scallop Edge punch (112091), Irridescent Ice embossing powder (101930), Heat Tool (100005), Glue Dots (104183)


6 comments:

Kris said...

So sweet and soft ... I love how you showed off the Tea Party paper.

Patti MacLeith said...

Carrie, Super! I love how you worked the sketch. I found it difficult, but you nailed the dimensions!

Mary Fish said...

Gawjus! The fleurette looks so cool with your new little leaves die cut! Nice job with the sketch! Hugs, M

Melissa said...

Great little idea about covering up the center of the flower if you don't like that color! Something to tuck into my memory for next time!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Very pretty - love what you did with this sketch!

Priscilla said...

What soft pretty colors and the rhine stone flower fits well. Great pattern paper too..what a combo..very daring….you do really nice work…don’t you just love Mondays..i love mojo mondays sketch. hey, I would love for you to check out the Tuesday Sketch Challenge at Midnight Madness. I would love for you to join us. It looks like you really like doing sketch cards. Stop by if you can at, you would fit right in
http://priscillastyles.blogspot.com
Have a great day