Saturday, May 23, 2009

Elmo Invite


Today's post is going to be short and sweet since we are leaving for a camping trip in just a couple hours!

My 20month old will be turning 2 in September, and so I wanted to get hopping on all the decor and invites now (I am just trying to be prepared... okay, I am just a really eager person! :)

Braden (my son) absolutely adores Elmo. But what toddler doesn't? He calls him his "Mo-mo". So, so cute! I plan on making his birthday cake to match the project seen here. I am thinking about just attaching the invite specifics to the back of Elmo's head. Or I might use it as piece on a bigger card.

This couldn't have been easier to make. I cut out a large oval (using the Coluzzle cutting system) out of Real Red. I cut a smaller oval out of Basic Black, and cut it in half. This was attached as his mouth. An even smaller oval was cut out of Pumpkin Pie and attached as his nose. A 1 3/8" Circle punch was used to cut the eyes out of Whisper White and a 1/2" circle punch cut out the Basic Black for the centers. Both eyes were attached using dimensionals. Cute, right?

Did you know that May is National Scrapbook month? For the month of May, Stampin' Up! is offering a Buy 3 get 1 FREE on all 12x12 Designer Series paper and textured card stock! Also in honor of May, get the brand new sneak peek Jumbo Alphabet set at 20% off! Click Here for details!

Right now you can join Stampin' Up! for only $75!!! Click here for details!

Happy Stampin'!
Carrie

Order Stampin' Up! online 24-7! Click Here!


Recipe:
Stamps: None
Ink: None
Paper: Real Red (102482), Whisper White (100730), Basic Black (102851), Pumpkin Pie (105117)
Accessories: Coluzzle Cutting System (no longer available from SU), 1 3/8" Circle Punch (104401), 1/2" Circle Punch (104390), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430)

6 comments:

Mary Fish said...

I love love his Mo Mo :) Enjoy camping :) Hugs, M

Patti MacLeith said...

Super cute! One of a kind and will look great in the scrapbook or baby book!

Kim said...

My 2 year old calls him Mo Mo too - I will definitely have to recreate this for her. Adorable! Sept...Way to get ahead of the game :)

Anonymous said...

I have twins who will be 2 in October and they call him M-elmo. We were talking about their party this weekend and decided on Elmo. I love these and will definitely use them for scrapbooking if not for the invitations also!! BTW, we ordered Elmo alphabet shirts online from Walmart for an Elmo show we are going to later this week. Super cute... B is for Braden with Elmo leaning up against the capital letter B. Check it out. Thanks for the post!! Hope camping was great!

Melissa said...

I loved when my little one loved Elmo..it gave me an excuse to watch! Elmo rules! And so does your invite!

Margaret said...

This is so cute and looks so easy, too! I love the idea of attaching them to a card for the invites! Thanks for the "recipe"!