Saturday, May 16, 2009

Pacific Tangerines and Kiwis

This card is definitely clean and simple. I love the crisp look of Pacific Point, Kiwi Kiss, and Tangerine Tango contrasting against each other.

This Pacific Point card base is 5 1/2" square. Using my Circle Scissors Plus and Glass cutting mat, I cut out three circles- 2 in Kiwi Kiss, and 1 in Tangerine Tango. TIP: To create the ring, I used Dotto Removable adhesive to hold down my Kiwi Kiss card stock. I cut one circle, and leaving the paper and cutter in the same position, I moved the dial to a slightly larger circle to cut the ring. The Kiwi ring and Tangerine Circle were adhered to card first, slightly overlapping.

A wide strip of Tangerine Tango was covered with a thinner strip of Whisper White that was repeatedly stamped with the stems from Central Park. A piece of Kiwi Kiss/Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon hide the top seam on the paper.

The Soho Designer Hardware piece was attached to a circle (punched out using the 1 3/8" punch) of Pacific Point using a Crop-a-dile. TIP: The back of the designer hardware has instructions for attachment using a Crop-a-dile. This was then adhered to the other Kiwi Kiss circle (see above). Lastly, this piece was layered onto the Tangerine circle.

The sentiment, from Trendy Trees, was inked in Black StazOn and stamped onto Kiwi Kiss. It was then popped out using the Word Window punch. Two silver Jumbo Brads were adhered in the upper left of the card. TIP: I like for the inside of my cards to be "clean", meaning no ribbon or brads showing through. To accomplish this in this case, I did not attach the brad in a traditional way. I fanned it out first, clipped off the metal pieces that were sticking off the sides (using my Craft and Rubber scissors) and attached them with glue dots.

Did you know that May is National Scrapbook month? For the month of May, Stampin' Up! is offering a Buy 3 get 1 FREE on all 12x12 Designer Series paper and textured card stock! Also in honor of May, get the brand new sneak peek Jumbo Alphabet set at 20% off! Click Here for details!

Right now you can join Stampin' Up! for only $75!!! Click here for details!

Happy Stampin'!
Carrie

Order Stampin' Up! online 24-7! Click Here!


Recipe:
Stamp Sets: Central Park (113732), Trendy Trees (113258)
Ink: Black StazOn (101406), Kiwi Kiss (111835)
Paper: Pacific Point (111350), Tangerine Tango (111349), Kiwi Kiss (111353), Whisper White (100730)
Accessories: Soho Designer Hardware (114350), 5/8" Jumbo Brads (112533), Kiwi Kiss/Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon (111879), Circle Scissors Plus (112530), Glass Cutting Mat (112531), Word Window punch (105090), Crop-a-dile (108362), Glue Dots (104183), Craft and Rubber Scissors (103179)

5 comments:

Kris Kilcoyne said...

I absolutely love everything about this card.

WOW! Fantastic job.

Laurie Zoellmer said...

What a great card! The closer it gets to the in-colors retiring, the more I realize I am going to miss them!

Patti MacLeith said...

Carrie, thanks for the tip about using the craft and rubber scissors to snip off the ends of the brad! I like that. Your card is pretty, too, love the contrast of colors!

Mary Fish said...

Wonderful card, description and impeccable construction. Are you enjoying your Circle Scissor Plus? I used it yesterday and am befriending it more each day :)

Melissa said...

I love it! This card is so clean and simple, and lovely!