Saturday, March 28, 2009

Fifth Avenue Friend

My sister-in-law and her husband are in town staying with us this weekend, and I couldn't think of a better gift for her than a monogram stationary set! I have been working my way around to making one for all the women in our family (see what I made for my sister here). My SIL, Janiece, has such a great sense of style and fashion. When I bought the set Fifth Avenue Floral, I actually thought of her.

The set starts out with an Accents and Elements Tin, which I covered with a card front, and wrapped with Kiwi Kiss/Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon.

The base of the card is Whisper White, trimmed to fit inside the tin, and all corners clipped with a corner rounder punch. Next a layer of the Baja Breeze print from Urban Oasis Designer Series Paper was clipped with the rounder punch and adhered. Next a piece of Kiwi Kiss DSP was layered onto Basic Gray. A swirl piece from the retired Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware was looped through some Kiwi Kiss/Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon, and adhered over the strip.

A wider strip of Whisper White Card stock was randomly stamped with images from Fifth Avenue Floral using Kiwi Kiss, Baja Breeze, and Basic Gray ink. This, too, was layered over Basic Gray.

The monogram was created by first stamping the frame (from Frames with a Florish) in Basic Gray ink onto Whisper White. Next, using a Stamp-a-majig, the "J" (from Lovely Letters) was stamped in the center using Kiwi Kiss. This was cut out and adhered using Stampin' Dimensionals.

Pewter brads were added to create a little extra interest. TIP: Perfect placement of the brads was easy using the crafter's tool kit. I used the paper piercing template and pad, and a paper piercing tool from the kit.

I also made coordinating envelopes by stamping a couple of the images from Fifth Avenue floral in the right corner of the front side (this was also done on the inside of the cards). I also lined the inside of the all the envelopes with more Urban Oasis Designer Series Paper. TIP: An easy way to line envelopes is to measure the widest part of your card, then cut a strip of Designer Series Paper that same width (the envelope should be slightly larger than your card so this measurement should work perfectly). What I do next is trim off the adhesive part of an extra envelope (I kept this one from a previous project to be used again and again). Now slide the Designer Series paper into the envelope, turn the whole envelope over and trace the outline of flap onto the back of the DSP. Take the paper out and trim just below the line you traced. Now you can put the paper in a useable envelope, fold just under the fold on the envelope, and adhere just to the flap. Ta dah!! An easy and pretty way to finish off a project.

Happy Stamping!
Carrie

Shop Stampin' Up! Online 24/7! Click Here!

Recipe: Stamp Set: Fifth Avenue Floral (113734), Frames with a Flourish (113496), Lovely Letters (115030) Paper: Urban Oasis Designer Series Paper (113978), Whisper White (100730), Basic Gray (108692) Ink: Baja Breeze (111833), Kiwi Kiss (111835), Basic Gray (109120) Accessories: Pewter HodgePodge (retired), Kiwi Kiss/Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon (111879), Vintage Brads (109109), Crafter's Tool Kit (104301), Corner Rounder Punch (109047), Stamp-a-majig (101049)






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Great job on is card/stationery! It's very trendy and sophisticated. I love your work and check your site daily!:)Kim S.

Mary Fish said...

Fabulous re-use of the tin. I'm printing out your post. I think you have hit on the perfect way to line envelopes. I am so hit and miss with this. Beautiful touch with the layered flowers on one side of the envelope front! Hugs, M

P.S. Do you want to add the little excerpt on lining envelopes with a photo on our private blog? Pretty please :)

Tiffany said...

Classy! I love the gold accents. Beautiful set.

Kim said...

Great recycling Carrie! Thanks for the tip with the envelops - I don't always take the time to add the finishing touches to my envelopes, but it really makes a difference. TFS

Denise said...

I'm so envious of these beautiful stationary sets! I want some of my own!