Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sooo Tweet!

Woo hoo!!!! That is all I have to say about receiving my big Stampin' Up order!!! I seriously had to hold myself back today. There are so many fun things that I can't wait to show off!!

Included in my order was the Sizzix Big Shot and Scallop Circle Die which was used to make this card. The layout is from Mojo Monday challenge #77. I just flipped the sketch to create more room for my bird.

The bird is from the On Board So Tweet package. I covered it in one of the papers from Delicate Dots DSP. The colors in the paper are Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Bashful Blue, and Sahara Sand. (You can get this paper for FREE with any $50 purchase- but hurry, sale-a-bration ends March 31st!) TIP: to create a smooth finish use a sanding block on the edges of the covered chipboard.

The brad detail on the bottom was enhanced by first punching out 3 So Saffron circles with a 1/2" punch, and then putting the brad through the center.

There are no stamps or sentiments used on this card, but there is a reason for not having a sentiment. I am actually planning on matting the card into a shadow box and using it in my freshly redecorated laundry room. The colors go perfectly!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super tweet!!

You did a fabulous job with the sketch.

I love your card.

Denise said...

I love this! Our order should be here early next week -- can't wait to share all our goodies!

Kim said...

Adorable card! Great job with the sketch. Can't wait to see what other goodies you have in store :)

Mary Fish said...

Wow! I'm amazed at your talent. This is charming. I look forward to seeing your shadow box.

Hugs, Mary

P.S. I'm sooo excited you got your order, too!

Cardmaking Galore said...

This is so cute - I love the oclours