Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Monogram Stationary


For the past 6 months, I have been making my around to creating monogrammed stationary sets for all the women in my family. Last night I finished this set for my sister Maria.

I used the tin, from my Flower Fusion felt flowers, to hold the cards and envelopes (not pictured). The front of the tin was covered with an extra card front.

The card starts with a Whisper White
base, trimmed to fit inside the tin. The corners were cut with a corner rounder punch. A strip of Kiwi Kiss was cut using scalloped scissors and adhered to the card. Next a wider strip of Baja Breeze was embossed using the Swiss Dots folder from Cuttlebug and my Sizzix. A piece of light pink organza ribbon (with a ribbon slide from the pewter hodgepodge hardware- retired) was adhered to the Baja Breeze strip. TIP: You could wrap the ribbon completely around the card, but to make for a cleaner inside I decided to just wrap it around the Baja Breeze before adhering it.

The three flowers were punched out of Pink Pirouette using the trio flower punch. Half pearl stickers (non SU) were placed in the center of each flower.

The square frame from Frames with a Flourish was inked in Kiwi Kiss and stamped onto Whisper White. The "M" is from Lovely Letters. It is inked in Baja Breeze and stamped in the center of each square using a stamp-a-majig. The finished monogram was cut out using paper snips and popped up with dimensionals.

I made a total of 10 cards with coordinating envelopes. I hope she will love it!

A couple notes: I put in a ginormous order to Stampin' Up! last night, and I am so so excited to receive all the stamps, papers, accessories, and..... my Big Shot!!! I also purchased some of the new dies, including the new Manhattan Flower textured impressions die. I can't wait to show off all the fun new things. Check back often to see projects featuring the latest from Stampin' Up!

Now is the best time to host an SU! workshop or catalog party!! If you are in the Spokane area, I would love to come show you and your family/friends all the fun things that SU has to offer. If you are out of my area, you can still earn free products by hosting a catalog party. Contact me if you would like to become a host!

Right now is Sale-a-bration!! Check out all the details on this fun
and exciting promotion here.

Become an SU! demonstrator today! The customizable starter kit is 15% off through March 31st, plus Stampin' Up will cover the cost of shipping! In your starter kit you can receive all the items you have been wanting at a huge savings- with no further obligation to buy or sell! Plus, as a demonstrator, you will be first to know of new products and promotions!
Email me to find out how you can join!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic idea, Carrie!

I really love the ribbon slide you used. And the packaging is perfect.

Mary Fish said...

Gorgeous monogrammed card . . . you have inspired me to get out my Frames with a Flourish. Don't you wish SU made stick on pearls? Ditto stick on rhinestones. I hope you added this to Splitcoast with a link back to this post. If you need help, let me know. Hugs, M