Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Always...

I have a confession... I really struggled with this card! My giant order still has yet to arrive and so I am trying to "make-do" with what I already have. :) Stampin' Up has been really busy with Sale-A-Bration, and they are taking a bit longer than the usual shipping time. I have been known to be a bit impatient, though. Especially when I am so excited about something!

Today's card was inspired by a color scheme that was used for the credit union I used to work for. Pretty trendy for a credit union, huh? The colors used are Elegant Eggplant, Baja Breeze, Kiwi Kiss, and Very Vanilla.

I used my very cool Circle Scissors Plus (New!) and Glass cutting mat to create both circles. The Baja Breeze circle was stamped in the same color ink using the big flower from Doodle This. TIP: Perfect placement was easy using a stamp-a-majig. Next I stamped the same flower onto Very Vanilla and cut it out using paper snips.

The flourish on the left was created using the Swirls Scribbles Sizzlets Die and my Sizzix. My big shot is included in the order that I haven't received yet, so I am using my old machine for the time being. For some reason, I still thought that even though the die specifically said "For use in roller machines only" that I could make it work. Not so much. I don't recommend it. I am lucky that I didn't ruin the die. I ended up having to cut out much of the design with a hobby blade because it didn't go all the way through. I can't wait for my big shot!!!!

The sentiment- Always- was inked in Kiwi Kiss and stamped onto Very Vanilla. It is popped out with a 1 3/8" circle punch and layered onto a Kiwi Kiss scalloped circle (using the punch). This was then popped up using dimensionals.

To finish the card off, I added two clear rhinestone brads from the Pretties Kit.

In the next week or so, I plan to take some pictures of my new stamp room. It isn't anything spectacular, by any means. But at least I can show off what I have been up to and maybe give a few organization tips!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the color combination you used, Carrie.

Can't wait to see your stamping space!

Mary Fish said...

You used so many elements but made them look balanced. Not always easy. How did you like your Circle Scissor Plus? Did you need to modify the feet? Hugs, Mary

Kim said...

Pretty Carrie! I too am waiting for my order and getting ever so inpatient! Finally just rec'd my circle cutter from over a month ago - how did you like it? Hope to exercise mine soon!