Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I Loaf You...

I admit that I had a tough time coming up with today's card! Mostly just because I could completely envision this card using a different stamp set. One that has yet to arrive on my door step (come on UPS man!).

The layout for the card is from the Splitcoast Sketch challenge 221 (below). It is full of layers; more than I typically use. The card base is a 5 1/2" square of Close to Cocoa. A slightly smaller piece of watercolor paper is next. A rectangle of Pink Pirouette is mostly covered by stripes from Candy Lane DSP. A diamond of Riding Hood Red is next, with another Candy Lane DSP. Finally, a ticket corner punch was used on all four corners of a piece of watercolor paper, and adhered to Close to Cocoa with Stampin' Dimensionals. Whew! Again, a lot of layers!

The loaf of bread- from the Hostess Level I set called Comfort Food- was inked in StazOn and stamped onto a scrap piece of watercolor paper. It was then filled in using a blender pen with inks pads in Close to Cocoa, Pink Pirouette, and Sahara Sand. TIP: To water color using ink pads, press the pad into the lid (while the pad is closed). When opened, there will be a pool of ink that you can pick up with your blender pen. The loaf was cut out using paper snips and adhered. It was then stamped again onto Pink Pirouette and just the sentiment was snipped out.

Tiny pieces of Riding Hood Red were cut out and adhered above and below the images. Using a craft knife, two slits were cut on either side of the image and Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon was looped through. 5/16" Silver Jumbo Brads were used to fasten the ribbon. Smaller silver brads were perfectly placed on the corners using the hole template and paper piercing tool from the crafter's tool kit. Okay, so I may have gone a little overboard with the brads, but I just wanted the card to be fun!

You can earn this set by becoming a hostess! If you live in the Spokane area I would be happy to do a workshop for you and your friends. If you do not live in my area, you can still take advantage of all the hostess benefits by hosting your own catalog party! Contact me for more details!

Happy Stamping!
Carrie


Shop Stampin' Up! Online 24/7! Click Here!

Stamp Set: Comfort Food (113210)
Paper: Candy Lane Designer Series Paper (113980), Watercolor Paper (105019), Close to Cocoa (101341), Pink Pirouette (111351), Riding Hood Red (111348)
Ink: Close to Cocoa103139), Pink Pirouette (111838), Sahara Sand (105208), StazOn (101406)
Accessories: Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon (109065), Ticket Corner Punch (107214), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), 5/16" Silver Jumbo Brads (112533), Silver Brads (104336), Crafter's Tool Kit (104310)





5 comments:

Tiffany said...

Adorable Carrie! Great job with the sketch. I can smell the bread now! Mmmm! Comfort food.

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute!!

I just got this hostess set too, and can't wait to use it.

I love how it looks on your card - I especially love the ribbon accents on each side.

Patti MacLeith said...

Super cute even without the "other" stampset!

Mary Fish said...

I "loaf" your card and your watercoloring. Neat accent with the brads in the corners!

Denise said...

So yummy! I especially love the brads and the ribbon loops -- those are great sassy somethings! ;)