Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Bermuda, Apricot, & Melon

Today's card features somewhat of an unconventional color palette. I felt like trying something new, and this color scheme is definitely new to me! Not sure if I like the overall card, but I decided to share anyway.

All of my projects this week will include a shade of pink in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, as well as our Pals Paper Arts PINK+Blog Candy challenge. Remember to check Pals Paper Arts on Thursday to upload your pink project and be included in the drawing for some pink BLOG CANDY!!! I will tell you right now that this blog candy is amazing and you wont want to miss out! This is all in honor of Karol Harris, the mother of Kris Kilcoyne (Kween Bee Kreations), who is battling breast cancer. Kris is a friend of mine, as well as a fellow designer for Pals Paper Arts.

Here are some specifics on today's card:
  • I started with a standard A2 card base of textured Apricot Appeal.
  • I inked up the Medallion stamp with Apricot Appeal and stamped it in the lower right corner of the card for a subtle background.
  • The large Pretties Kit flower was colored using a Melon Mambo SU marker. Next, I pressed a Versamark pad all over and heat embossed it using clear powder.
  • The center of the flower was created using a Circle Circus image with Melon Mambo ink. It was cropped using a 1 1/4" circle punch and attached to the center of the flower using dimensionals.
  • On the left side of the card, I used a strip of Melon Mambo Patterns Print DSP and a scallop border of Bermuda Bay.
  • 3 flowers were popped out of Bermuda Bay using the Trio Flower punch and attached using glue dots.
  • I dissected 3 Circle Ice Brads and used a mini glue dot to attach just the rhinestone portion in the flower centers.
  • The sentiment, from Razzle Dazzle, was inked in Bermuda Bay and stamped on Whisper White. I cut a "v" into the left side and attached it to the card. TIP: to create a "wavy" look, I placed a dimensional just in the center.
  • A library clip and Melon Mambo Polka Dot Grosgrain were added to the sentiment. TIP: I first folded the ribbon in half and secured it with sticky strip.

Again, I'm not so sure about this card, but after it was all said in done I decided that something was better than nothing! :)



Order Stampin' Up! online 24-7! Click here!

Recipe: Stamps: Medallion (115223), Razzle Dazzle (116714), Circle Circus (115778) Ink: Versamark *102283), Apricot Appeal (105128), Melon Mambo (115656), Bermuda Bay (115655) Paper: Whisper White (100730), Bermuda Bay (115317), Melon Mambo Patterns Pack DSP (115687), Apricot Appeal Textured (Soft Subtles Textured 108695) Accessories: Pretties Kit (109114), Clips Assortment (112580), Trio Flower Punch (109183), Circle Ice Rhinestone Brads (109111), Melon Mambo Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon (115611), Scallop Edge Punch (112091), 1 1/4" Circle Punch (104403), Dimensionals (104403), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Clear Embossing Powder (109130), Heat Tool (100005)

5 comments:

Margaret Moody said...

Carrie - This is really different, but I love it! Love the dyed and embossed flower! I like the Medallion stamp used on the background, too! Really neat card!

Patti MacLeith said...

Here's what I like:
1. Colors
2. Dissect! (LOL)
3. Coloring the flower
4. That wavy sentiment!

Thanks, Carrie!

Linda Callahan said...

Lots of things to like about this card! I like the hardware and the Medallion on the backgraound - and that color combo!

Mary Fish said...

Beautiful inspired post. Your color combo takes me on a Caribbean vacation! Hugs, M

Carla said...

I really like what you did with your colors... very pretty card. Hugs,