Thursday, October 15, 2009

PPA12: A Simple Sketch

This week at Pals Paper Arts, we are hosting a Simple Sketch challenge designed by the very talented Margaret Moody. Her designs are so well balanced which makes it incredibly easy to put together a quick card.



For my challenge card, I decided to use the Christmas Jingle Simply Scrappin' Kit. This meant that I didn't use any stamps, and all the paper was already included in the kit! Super easy.

  • For the card base, I used textured Chocolate Chip (A2).
  • Next, I layered two rectangles of the striped DSP included in the kit.
  • For the focal point, I used my Circle Scissor Plus to cut out a 3" Real Red circle.
  • The beautiful deer image is a self-adhesive die cut from the kit. I used dimensionals to pop it up on the Real Red. TIP: First, I put on several dimensionals on the back of the die cut. Then, with the backing still on the dimensionals, I sprinkled baby powder all over it to take away the stickiness. Then I simply removed the dimensional backing to attach it to the card.
  • A cute bow was formed out of 3/4" Real Red Polka Dot Grosgrain.
  • The finishing touch was to add some Latte and Playground Designer buttons. TIP: I used contrasting pieces of card stock for thread.
I plan to include this card in my craft fair inventory. I have been so swamped with creating more an more items for the fair that I haven't been able to post as much. But I do have quite a bit to share, so hopefully I will have a bit more time this week to post.

A Quick Reminder: Don't forget Stampin' Up!'s Deal of the Week promotion! For more details click here.





Order Stampin' Up! online 24-7! Click Here!

Recipe: Stamps: None Ink: None Paper: Christmas Jingle Simply Scrappin' Kit (115696) Accessories: Latte Designer Buttons (114333), Playground Designer Button (116313), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Stampin' Dimensionals (104430), 3/4" Real Red Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon (115608), Circle Scissor Plus (112530), Glass Cutting Mat (112531) Other: Baby Powder

11 comments:

Regina Mangum said...

I'm glad to see you are in the Christmas spirit, too! Love this - it's festive and elegant. XO

Cards by Gina said...

Love your card, Carrie--everything about it! The buttons work wonderfully! The entire card is so pulled together.

Mary Fish said...

Dasher is perfectly place on the designer paper "on a hill." Love the ribbon and the button placement is divine! Hugs, M

Kim said...

I've been thinking about this kit... gorgeous card Carrie!! Good luck with your fair!

Mike said...

Great idea to use the Simply Scrappin kits for these challenges. Saves a step or two and the results are wonderful.
Mike

Carla said...

Beautiful card. Love those details. Hugs,

Melissa said...

I love the deer on a hill as well - that is pretty darn sharp!

I love the fact that this comes from a kit and can be assembled so quickly - also adore the ribbon and buttons!!

Patti MacLeith said...

I just love the buttons.

Ann Schach said...

I love this Simply Scrappin' kit! I especially love the Dasher die cut! Great job...Great card!

Linda Callahan said...

Wonderfully Christmas! I am a huge fan of the Scrappin' Kits - great results!

Margaret Moody said...

Very pretty, Carrie! So smart to use a Simply Scrappin' Kit! Love the buttons, too!