But I do like how it turned out, so I thought I would go ahead and share anyway :).
- First, I cut out a piece of Very Vanilla to measure 5"x4".
- Next, I cut out 20-1" squares of a Merry Moments DSP print. I alternated each side to create a checkerboard pattern on the Very Vanilla. Each piece was adhered using Snail adhesive.
- I used a paper piercing tool and the SU mat pack to pierce holes in a grid pattern over the squares along with a border.
- Using a needle and off-white thread, I cross stitched through all the pre-made holes. TIP: No need to tie knots, simply use tape to secure the loose ends behind the piece.
- I used glue dots to secure the "quilt" to a Very Vanilla card base. TIP: This started as an A2 card, but I needed to trim a little off the side for even spacing around the quilted piece.
- The tag was created using a Big Shot, Real Red card stock, and the Two Tags Bigz Die.
- A piece of the new Sleigh Bells ribbon was looped through the tag hole (This was a bit tricky. The best way I found to do this was to cut the end of the ribbon to a fine point, and pull it through the hole gently.)
- Gold Elastic Cord was tied around the ribbon.
- "Make Merry", from Berry Christmas, was gold heat embossed on the tag.
- In keeping with the sewing theme, I added faux rick rack to the tag. I was able to create this using Garden Green card stock and the scallop edge punch. TIP: I started with a 1" piece of card stock and punched one side. Then I flipped the card stock over, lined up a scallop about half way through a scallop on the guide and punched the other side.
- The tree, from Patterned Pines, was inked in Garden Green and stamped onto Very Vanilla. It was snipped out and attached with dimensionals.
- The cute button is actually a retired Riding Hood Red button (close match though, huh?). I tied hemp twine through the button and attached it with mini glue dots.
Order Stampin' Up! online 24-7! Click Here!
Recipe: Stamps: Patterned Pines (116525), Berry Christmas (116509) Paper: Very Vanilla (101650), Merry Moments DSP (115672), Real Red (102482), Garden Green (100702) Ink: Versamark (102283), Garden Green (102272) Accessories: Big Shot (113474), Two Tags Bigz Die (115954), Paper Piercing Tool (116631), Mat Pack (105826), Sleigh Bells Ribbon (116795), Elastic Gold Cord (109867), Gold Embossing Powder (109129), Heat Tool (100005), Snail (104332), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Dimensionals (104430), Scallop Edge Punch (112091), Hemp Twine (100982), Riding Hood Red button (retired) Other: Needle and Thread