Our challenge this week over at Pals Paper Arts is to create anything but a card. I have been a little obsessed with creating Christmas projects lately, so I couldn't help myself this week :).
This was SO easy to do! Obviously this will work with any stamp set, but I prefer to use more simple designs that can be repeated.
- Start with the size candle you prefer, making sure that it is lighter in color.
- Trim a piece of white tissue paper to wrap around the candle.
- Stamp images onto the tissue paper. For my project, I used images from Season of Joy with Ruby Red and Old Olive. I also used a bit of gold paint to accent parts of the images.
- Trim another piece of wax paper to fit around the candle, leaving a bit extra to hold onto.
- Wrap the tissue paper around the candle, then wrap the wax paper on top of it, making sure to keep the tissue paper secure and smooth.
- Hold onto the wax paper tightly to press the tissue paper up against the candle and heat with an embossing gun (heat tool). As soon as you see the tissue paper dissolve, move to the next area.
- Remove the wax paper.
- The tissue paper should disappear into the wax leaving only the image.
- I also added some gold beads to some of the poinsettias using a hot glue gun.
Don't miss it! Next week we are hosting a special challenge for breast cancer awareness. Plus there will be some AMAZING blog candy!!!
Order Stampin' Up! online 24-7! Click Here!
Stamps: Season of Joy (110384)
Ink: Ruby Red (102259), Old Olive (102277)
Accessories: Heat Tool (100005)
Other: White pillar candle, tissue paper, wax paper, gold paint, gold beads