Friday, October 16, 2009

A Birthday Party for my Mom

On the day before Halloween, my mom will be turning 50. So for about 6 months now, me, my sister, and my mom's best friend have been busy putting together her party.

You may be wondering why I am posting this. Well, initially it was going to be a surprise party (which you will see on the inside). But she accidentally found out about it so I am able to share the invite without having to worry that she'll see it. It actually works out better this way because we were having a hard time coming up with a way to get her to the restaurant without her becoming suspicious. Problem solved! :)

Here is how I made the invite:
  • This is a gate fold card. To create it, I took a 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" piece of textured Bermuda Bay card stock. It was scored 2 1/8" on both sides and folded into the center.
  • The Medallion image was inked up in Versamark and stamped off-centered (over the seam). It was then clear heat embossed.
  • Melon Mambo Polka Dot Grosgrain was added around the card and tied in the front. TIP: I used a piece of Melon Mambo card stock on the back of the card to help keep the ribbon secure.
  • Images from Great Friend were inked in Rich Razzleberry and Bermuda Bay and stamped onto Whisper White. I used a 1 3/8" circle punch to crop the images and layered it onto a Rich Razzleberry scallop circle.
  • I used a Crop-a-dile to punch a hole in the top of the tag.
  • Silver Elastic cord was used to tie the tag to the ribbon. Before knotting it, I added a Filigree Brad.
  • For the inside of the card, I used Razzleberry Lemonade DSP for the sides. The invitation information was printed off my computer.
  • The final touch was a Crushed Curry eyelet border at the bottom.
There are still a lot of small details to be done for the party, but it will be a wonderful celebration. One that is very needed in our family. A few weeks ago, my mom was diagnosed with MS and so we are trying to do everything we can to lift her spirits. Any prayers for peace and comfort would be greatly appreciated!



Order Stampin' Up! online 24-7! Click Here!

Recipe:
Stamps: Medallion (115223), Great Friend (113792)
Ink: Versamark (102283), Bermuda Bay (115655), Rich Razzleberry (115658)
Paper: Whisper White (100730), Bermuda Bay (115317), Rich Razzleberry (115316), Melon Mambo (115320), Crushed Curry (115319), Razzleberry Lemonade DSP (115675)
Accessories: Filigree Brads (112577), 1 3/8" Circle Punch (104401), Scallop Circle Punch (109043), Crop-a-dile (108362), Silver Elastic Cord (109866), Eyelet Border Punch (113692), Heat Tool (100005), Clear Embossing Powder (109130), Melon Mambo Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon (115611)

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I love those! How elegant! I love the inside and the colors you used - very fresh feeling!

Cards by Gina said...

Carrie, This invite is so pretty! I love gate-fold cards and I love that you changed up one of the colors on the inside from the outside. Really beautiful! Have a wonderful party for your mom!

Carla said...

Gorgeous... love how did all of it. The inside is superb! Hugs,

Stef Perry said...

Wow, that is gorgeous with the medallion in Versamark! I love the interior as well. Hope your mom has a great 50th birthday

Mary Fish said...

Amazing gate fold card for your mom. 50? You mean I could be your mom? OMG. Hugs, M

Patti MacLeith said...

Prayers for your mom, Carrie. Also, what a sweet way to celebrate 50!