Thursday, October 1, 2009

Gratitude and Thanks: PPA10

This week over at Pals Paper Arts, we are doing a Gratitude and Thanks Theme Challenge. Your card can be for Thanksgiving, or just a thank you card of some kind.

I decided to go with a Thanksgiving card for my project. I am loving the new Autumn Meadows DSP from the Holiday Mini. I never would have thought of adding Taken with Teal to the other falls colors, but it works!! TIP: For color inspiration, use a DSP collection as a starting off point. The coordinating colors are listed next to the order information of the DSP in the catalog.

  • I started off with a 5 1/2"x 5 1/2" piece of Dusty Durango for my base. TIP: I have a bit of a surplus of Dusty Durango, so I decided to use it in place of Really Rust (a color found in the DSP). I think it is a pretty close match.
  • Two patterns of Autumn Meadows DSP were added next on the right side of the card.
  • A Taken with Teal tab was popped out using the Round Tab punch and attached using a black brad.
  • I used a Chocolate Chip pattern from the Dots & Designs Rub-ons for the left side of the card.
  • The image, from Wandering Words (new!), was inked in Chocolate Chip and stamped onto Whisper White. Next it was given a mat of Taken with Teal and Chocolate Chip.
  • A piece of 1 1/4" Chocolate Chip striped grosgrain (folded in half) was attached using a Chocolate Chip Corduroy Button.
  • Lastly, I punched out two sets of leaves (using my Big Shot and Little Leaves Sizzlet) out of Dusty Durango and Chocolate Chip. They were tucked behind the image using glue dots.

Have you heard of My Digital Studio? It is brand-new from Stampin' Up! and you can begin ordering your very own copy starting today!!!! My Digital Studio (or MDS) uses the same great artwork, colors and accessories (true to size!) found in the current SU product line (updates available when new product comes out). The options are endless! You can create digital scrapbooks, cards, calendars, and much more. You can either keep your projects digital, or have them printed using SU's high quality print services! I can't wait to show you projects using this fantastic new product! For more information, including a video, click here.



Order Stampin' Up! online 24-7! Click here!

Recipe:
Stamps: Wandering Words (116507)
Ink: Chocolate Chip (100908)
Paper: Dusty Durango (115321), Chocolate Chip (102128), Taken with Teal (101584), Autumn Meadows DSP (116769), Whisper White (100730)
Accessories: Big Shot (113439), Little Leaves Sizzlet (114511), 1 1/4" Chocolate Chip Striped Grosgrain (115617), Vintage Brads (109109), Round Tab Punch (108340), Dots & Designs Rub-ons (115728), Mini Glue Dots (103683), Dimensionals (104430), Chocolate Chip Corduroy Buttons(114339)

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

Pretty colors Carrie. The little tab on the side is a great touch. Love your design too. Overall - beautiful!!!!

Melissa said...

Girl, you know I am lovin this card! I love your layout - very unique and fresh! Love it love it!

Regina Mangum said...

Very sweet, Carrie. The colors are marvelous!

Kris Kilcoyne said...

Beautiful and bright Fall card.

I absolutely love the round tab!

Patti MacLeith said...

Carrie this is so colorful! I love what you did with the striped ribbon.

Mary Fish said...

Beautiful autumn mix of colors. Love the ribbon touch and the stamp set is the bomb for the thankful theme. Hugs, M

Carla said...

Carrie, you card is wonderful. I love everything about it. Your design is terrific. Hugs,

Kim said...

GREAT card Carrie - love the image you chose ;) Love the layout and that pop of teal is awesome!

Martha said...

Love all the different elements you used in your card. Looks great.